“Made in the USA”. What exactly does that mean? Does that really matter?
DrapeStyle has been making custom drapes, roman shades and pillows in the USA from the very start. Why is this important? We not only design here, we manufacturer here. This means that DrapeStyle is able to control the quality of the products it produces. The custom drapes and roman shades we produce right here in Arizona are of the highest quality in both fabric and workmanship. I receive about two or three calls a week, from customers wanting to know where our drapes are made. I’m proud to say that DrapeStyle’s products are made in the USA.
A few examples of DrapeStyle’s American suppliers:
- In 1889, the F. Schumacher Fabric Company was started in New York. DrapeStyle carries many of Schumacher’s stunning fabrics. To this day, F. Schumacher is still a family owned company and continues to be a leader in the fabric industry.
- The Robert Allen fabric company was started over 75 years ago in Massachusetts and continues to reside there today.
- We have many suppliers from small fabric companies in Southern California.
- Our linings and interlinings are made by Hanes, right here in the USA.
- DrapeStyle uses Sunbrella fabrics for our outdoor drapes and pillows. Sunbrella features sun and water resistant fabrics in a rich array of colors, and it is manufactured in North Carolina.
- Our hardware is hand forged in Los Angeles by artisans who pride themselves in creating products by hand.
So as you can see, DrapeStyle supports many local American companies by using them as suppliers for our finished products.
Need more great reasons to buy “Made in the USA” products?
- When you buy American made products, the proceeds remain in the U.S. economy. The money you spend then pays the workers that directly or indirectly created the product you just purchased!
- American manufacturers abide by strict regulations to protect the environment. These regulations do not exist in most of the top countries manufacturing and importing their goods into the USA causing massive pollution and environmental abuse.
- Importing countries have little or non-existent regulations or standards for working conditions. By keeping our dollars in the USA, we are not supporting these horrible working conditions (long hours, exploitation of children, extremely low wages, etc.).
- Quicker turn around times. Everything is here so that means it gets made more quickly, and gets shipped to you more quickly!
Nothing at DrapeStyle is “ready-made”. Custom draperies take a little more time, cost a little more money, but we think it’s worth it. And most importantly, all of our drapes, curtains, roman shades and pillows are made from the highest quality materials, right here in the USA, by a team of professionals that have an average of 25 years experience. We hope you have as deep as a commitment to American-made products as we do.