This week our workroom will be closed so that our employees can take a much needed break from making all of the beautiful items our customers enjoy so much! We wish you, your family, and friends a fun and safe holiday as we celebrate America’s Independence Day!
I’m reposting this article I found on www.onetoughjob.org.
Independence Day (or Fourth of July) is a great time to teach your children about American history while also relaxing and enjoying the weather. Here are some ways to incorporate education into your celebration.
teach some history
Use these kid-friendly resources to teach your kids about the importance of the holiday.
let them vote
Teach your kids about our government by staging your own kid-friendly mini-democracy. Make ballot boxes and have the kids vote on things throughout the celebration such as hamburgers vs. hot dogs or chocolate ice cream vs. vanilla.
make a tasty and patriotic treat
Patriotic popcorn balls are both fun and easy snacks to make with your young ones!
- 15 cups of salted popcorn
- ½ cup of butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Red & blue M&M’s (either original or pretzel!)
1. Remove kernels from popcorn and place in large mixing bowl
2. Melt butter and mini marshmallows over medium heat until mixture is completely smooth
3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, then generously cover popcorn
4. Mix in your M&M’s, then with wet hands make popcorn balls and set aside on wax paper to cool
This recipe makes 7-8 popcorn balls!
Have a great holiday! ~The DrapeStyle Team.